Prominent features of the workshop
– The workshop is a collaboration between the AA Vienna Visiting School and the Architecture Challenge of the Angewandte.
– The course will be taught by tutors from the leading design research programs from the AA, and the University of Applied Arts Vienna ‘Die Angewandte’, and other professionals from the field of architecture and computational design.
– During the workshop, series of evening lectures will be held by tutors and invited lecturers alongside studio-based design tutorials, reviews & seminars.
– Students will gain knowledge and understanding of algorithmic design strategies, and their application in the field of design.
– In addition to hands-on tutorials in computational tools, the school will also focus on the discussion on history of computation in architecture, computational design theories and general application of digital tools in the industry of architecture.
You can make an application by completing the online application found under here.
Once you complete the online application and make a full payment, you are registered to the programme. A CV or a portfolio is not required.
IoA, Institute of Architecture
University of Applied Arts Vienna
Oskar Kokoschka-Platz 2
The workshop dates are 08-09-2018 – 16-09-2018.
The deadline for applications is 31-08-2018.
The workshop requires a fee of £695 per participant, which includes a £60 Visiting School membership fee. A small number of scholarships are available for gifted students with limited means. Please contact us if you would like to apply for this.
Fees do not include flights or accommodation, but accommodation options can be advised. Students need to bring their own laptops, digital equipment and model making tools. Please ensure this equipment is covered by your own insurance as the AA or Angewandte take no responsibility for items lost or stolen at the workshop.
The workshop is open to current architecture and design students, PhD candidates and young professionals. Software Requirements: Processing, Autodesk Maya, Rhino+Grasshopper, Adobe Creative Suite (more details to be added)
All participants travelling from abroad are responsible for securing any visa required, and are advised to contact their home embassy early. After payment of fees, the AA School can provide a letter confirming participation in the workshop.